Hey guys, Breeze here again. Based on the amazing feedback i got from you guys, i have made the following changes and modifications to the game.
The new build is available here still for Android only, again your responses and feedback are most appreciated.
- Added additional indicators to clarify the Back/Cancel and Pause Buttons
- In the victory scene, changed “BonusCoins” and “TotalCoins” to “Bonus Coins” and “Total Coins” respectively
- In the victory scene, redesigned the menu and added in icons to clarify the buttons’ usage
- In the victory scene, sped up the score counters and ensured that they all last the same amount of time.
- Normalized the coin fall speed and increased it.
- Added some placeholder art to the first level showing how to control the paddle, also limited the touch area for the paddle.
- Modified the camera shake code to be framerate independent, should lead to consistent behavior across all devices.
- Shortened the scene transitions by 80%
- Removed the leftover button functionality from the robobreaker logo on the main menu
- Reorganized the coin and ball displays to make the functionality clearer
- Added the coin and ball displays to all relevant scenes
- Changed the pause button from a triangle to a diamond 😀
- Redesigned the pause menu and options menus
- Added an in-game options button
- Modified the sounds of the OnHit effects to ensure there’s minimal lag
- Fixed a bug in the reset game button where it would do nothing
So yesterday i asked for your assistance testing a game and i must say, the response was much larger than i anticipated. I want to say a big thank you to all who participated and if you haven’t, you still can….just follow this link
Now as to the feedback received
- Cancel/Back button unclear at first glance x2
- In-game options menu would be appreciated
- Music doesn’t reflect the mood implied by the visual style
- Limit touch controls for the paddle to the lower part of the screen
- Controls unclear as to whether swipe or slide x3
- Score counter at the level completion takes too long x2
- Add more detail to the Robobreaker logo on the main menu
- Menu transitions are a bit long
- Tapping the ROBOBREAKER button in the middle of the main menu triggered a downstate for that button.
- New ball timer unclear.
- Off-center numbers on the level selection buttons.
- “Select Paddle ” drop down is too small on certain devices
- A world transition effect would be an excellent addition
- Unclear as to the purpose of coins
- I like the coin idea, though something about the gravity of them feels off. Like it’s too slow.
- Are there consequences for losing all balls here? I lost all of them and got a free one, then lost that one, then just got more balls. Is this affecting my score? I couldn’t tell?
- I think some visual feedback for coin gathers and point scoring and ball loss should be there.
- The red triangle as the pause button isn’t obvious at all. Perhaps throw the traditional pause symbol there? Or give it the aesthetic treatment of the other buttons?
- Buttons on bottom of victory screen appear off-center.
- Should BONUSCOINS be two words? Same for TOTALCOINS.
So once again i want to thank you all for the excellent feedback and i will be addressing them in the coming week.
Okay you guys, I require your assistance testing one of my games.
The download link is below for android and any suggestions you have can either be emailed to me or posted as comments to this post.
Robobreaker Beta for Android
I recently participated in the Global Game Jam 2014 event and I was lucky enough to meet some of the most amazing people ever!
Going to try to give updates more often about projects I’m working on.
That said…. Here’s Mobola the Mackerel, a mobile game currently being developed for android.
You play the role of Mobola, a fish trying to get home.
Collect fish and stars.
You can join as a tester via the link below.
Testing Group Continue reading
First update in 2013…….While this is not the first thing I’ve done this year, it is one of the best games I’ve worked on.
Play it here or Download the android version below
This game would not have been possible without the Team now known as PrettyUGLY
This is an alpha build of my final year project, you can help by downloading and testing it on your android device running 2.3 upwards. it is designed for android tablets and as such the UI might be tiny on some devices.
- Enemies might decide to stop attacking when you kill their comrades
- your characters are functionally immortal
- some characters’ dialogue text aren’t properly formatted.
- Animation is continuous
- changed forest model and texture
- modified animation on player character
- added a new quest